1. TYPE OF AGENCY 1.1 Where the Agent is appointed by the Client as the sole agent to sell the Property the Client shall be liable to pay the Fees to the Agent, as well as any other agreed costs or charges, if unconditional contracts are exchanged with a Buyer for the sale of the Property. 1.2 This obligation as stated in condition 1.1 applies: 1.2.1 for any Buyer introduced by the Agent during the period of the Agreement; 1.2.2 for any Buyer introduced by another agent during the period of the Agreement.
2. PRICE AND PAYMENT OF FEES 2.1 The price for Services is as specified in the Application Form and is exclusive of VAT and any other charges as outlined in that document. 2.2 The terms for payment of the Fees and any other charges are as specified in the Application Form. 2.3 The Fees shall become due on the completion of the contract of sale of the Property. 2.4 The Client shall be liable for all agreed expenses due to the Agent. 2.5 The Client must settle all payments due within 14 days from the invoice date or by electronic transfer on the date of completion of the contract of sale of the Property as determined by the Agent. 2.6 The Client will pay interest on all late payments at a rate of 4% per annum above the base lending rate of Lloyds TSB Bank Plc. 2.7 The Agent is also entitled to recover all reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from the Client where any payment due to the Agent is late. 2.8 The Client is not entitled to withhold any monies due to the Agent. 2.9 The Agent is entitled to vary the price to take account of: 2.9.1 any additional Services requested by the Client which were not included in the original Application Form; 2.9.2 any reasonable increase in rates, if applicable; and any variation must be intimated to the Client in writing by the Agent. 2.10 In the event that the Client seeks to cancel the Agreement for Services the Client shall be responsible to pay the Agent for any expenses incurred up to that date.
3. CLIENT OBLIGATIONS 3.1 The Client agrees to co-operate with the Agent as may be required. 3.2 The Client shall provide the Agent with keys to the Property if the Agent is to be responsible for viewings. 3.3 The Client shall permit the Agent access to the Property for the purpose of preparing marketing materials and accompanied viewings for potential purchasers. 3.4 The Client remains responsible for the Property throughout the period of this Agreement and is advised to take proper precautions for unoccupied dwellings. 3.5 The Client shall ensure an Energy Performance Certificate is obtained prior to the marketing of the Property or instruct and co-operate fully with the Agent in the preparation of this. 3.6 The Client is responsible for all costs relating to the provision of the Energy Performance Certificate.
4. AGENT OBLIGATIONS 4.1 The Agent shall supply the Services as specified in the Application Form. 4.2 The Agent shall perform the Services with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard and in accordance with recognised codes of practice and statutory obligations. 4.3 The Agent shall be a member of an accredited redress scheme in compliance with the Consumers, Estate Agents and Redress Act 2007. 4.4 The Agent shall forward all offers to purchase the Property to the Client or their appointed representative promptly and accurately unless the offer is of a type that the Client has specifically requested the Agent not to pass on. 4.5 The Agent shall keep a record of all submitted offers on file and shall make that record available to the Client on request. 4.6 If the Agent has been asked by the Client to do so, the Agent shall accompany all potential purchasers, tradesmen or surveyors when they visit the Property and shall not permit any unaccompanied visits unless prior approval from the Client has been obtained. 4.7 The Agent shall seek to supervise any visitors to the Property but cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third parties. 4.8 The Agent shall take into consideration the prevailing market conditions when setting an asking price but confirms that this figure is not a formal valuation of the Property. 4.9 The Agent shall, if instructed by the Client, shall arrange for the preparation of a Home Information Pack, prior to the marketing of the Property.
5. PROPERTY MIS-DESCRIPTIONS ACT 1991 It is the Clients responsibility to check the descriptions of the Property in the schedule provided by the Agent, on the website and on other relevant marketing material and notify the Agent of any amendments required. The Client shall indemnify the Agent and any other associated parties against any claim made in respect of any mis-description that arises out of the Client’s failure to adhere to this condition.
6. TERMINATION 6.1 The Client is required to give the Agent 28 days written notice to terminate this Agreement. 6.2 The Agent is required to give the Client 28 days written notice to terminate this Agreement. 6.3 The Client may terminate the Agreement if the Agent fails to comply with any aspect of these Terms and Conditions and this failure continues for a period of 14 days after notification of non-compliance is given. 6.4 The Agent may terminate the Agreement if the Client has failed to make over any payment due within 21 days of the sum being requested. 6.5 Either party may terminate the Agreement by notice in writing to the other if: 6.5.1 the other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions and, in the case of a breach capable of being remedied, fails to remedy it within a reasonable time of being given written notice from the other party to do so; or 6.5.2 the other party commits a material breach of these Terms and Conditions which cannot be remedied under any circumstances; or 6.5.3 the other party passes a resolution for winding up (other than for the purpose of solvent amalgamation or reconstruction), or a court of competent jurisdiction makes an order to that effect; or 6.5.4 the other party ceases to carry on its business or substantially the whole of its business; or 6.5.5 the other party is declared insolvent, or convenes a meeting of or makes or proposes to make any arrangement or composition with its creditors; or a liquidator, receiver, administrative receiver, manager, trustee or similar officer is appointed over any of its assets. 6.6 In the event of termination the Client must make over to the Agent any payment for work done and expenses incurred up to the date of termination. 6.7 Any rights to terminate the Agreement shall be without prejudice to any other accrued rights and liabilities of the parties arising in any way out of the Agreement as at the date of termination.
7. ARBITRATION 7.1 Any dispute arising under this Agreement will be referred to and decided by the Arbitrator. 7.2 A party wishing to refer a dispute to the Arbitrator shall advise the other party of this intention in writing at any time during the term of this Agreement. The dispute must then be referred to the Arbitrator within seven (7) days of this intention being intimated. 7.3 The Arbitrator shall act impartially and be free to take the initiative in ascertaining the facts and the law. The Arbitrator must reach a decision within twenty eight (28) days of referral or such longer period as the parties may agree. 7.4 During the period of arbitration both parties must continue with their obligations as stated in this Agreement. 7.5 The decision of the Arbitrator is binding on both parties unless and until revised by legal proceedings or agreement by both parties.
8. WARRANTY Both parties warrant their authority to enter into this Agreement and the Application Form and have obtained all necessary approvals to do so.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Agent for death or personal injury, however the Agent shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Client or any third party howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the sum insured under the professional indemnity insurance policy held by the Agent in the insurance year in which the Client’s claim is first notified.
10. INDEMNITY The Client shall indemnify the Agent against all claims, costs and expenses which the Agent may incur and which arise directly or indirectly from the Client’s breach of any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions. 11 FORCE MAJEURE Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
12. ASSIGNMENT The Client shall not be entitled to assign its rights or obligations or delegate its duties under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Agent.
13. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS Nothing in these Terms and Conditions intend to or confer any rights on a third party.
14. SEVERANCE If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
15. WAIVER The failure by either party to enforce at any time or for any period any one or more of the Terms and Conditions herein shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all Terms and Conditions.
16. NOTICES Any notice to be given by either party to the other may be served by email, fax, personal service or by post to the address of the other party given in the Application Form or such other address as such party may from time to time have communicated to the other in writing, and if sent by email shall unless the contrary is proved be deemed to be received on the day it was sent, if sent by fax shall be deemed to be served on receipt of an error free transmission report, if given by letter shall be deemed to have been served at the time at which the letter was delivered personally or if sent by post shall be deemed to have been delivered in the ordinary course of post.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT These Terms and Conditions supersede any previous agreements, arrangements, documents or other undertakings either written or oral.
18. GOVERNING LAW These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. DEFINITIONS The following expressions shall have the following meanings: 19.1 “Agent” means Now Homes Limited of 140 Front Street Arnold Nottinghamshire UK NG5 7EG; 19.2 “Client” means any person who purchases Services from the Agent; 19.3 “Application Form” means a proposal, registration form, quotation or other similar object describing the Services; 19.4 “Services” means the agency services as described in the Application Form; 19.5 “Property” means the property which belongs to the Client and is to be sold by the Agent; 19.6 “Buyer” means the person contracted to purchase the Property from the Client; 19.7 “Fees” means the agency commission due to the Agent from the Client for providing the Services; 19.8 “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of supply of Services as set out in this document and any subsequent terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Agent; 19.9 “Agreement” means the contract between the Agent and the Client for the provision of the Services incorporating these Terms and Conditions; 19.10 “Arbitrator” is the party nominated to resolve a dispute between the Agent and the Client.
20. GENERAL 20.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the Agreement for the supply of Services by the Agent to the Client and shall supersede any other documentation or communication between parties. 20.2 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions must be agreed in writing by the Agent. 20.3 These Terms and Conditions shall be attached to any Application Form and signed and returned to the Agent by the Client. 20.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Agent may be entitled in relation to the Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
21. SERVICES 21.1 The Services are the marketing, negotiation and sale of the Property detailed in the Application Form. 21.2 Any variation to the Services must be agreed by the Agent in writing. 21.3 The Services shall commence and finish on the dates specified on the Application Form where appropriate unless terminated according to the terms of this Agreement. 21.4 Dates given for the commencement of the Services are estimates only and not guaranteed. Time for commencement shall not be of the essence of the Agreement and the Agent shall not be held liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the Services.
22. TYPE OF AGENCY 22.1 Where the Agent is appointed on a multiple agency basis the Client will be liable to pay the Agent the Fees should a Buyer who was introduced to the Property by the Agent during the period of the Agreement enter into an unconditional contract to purchase the Property. 22.2 If the Client instructs another agent during a sole agency arrangement with the Agent the Agreement will be deemed to be changed to a multiple agency arrangement and the Client will become liable to pay the Agent the Fees due for this type of agency agreement. 22.3 If the Client finds a Buyer for the Property without the Services of the Agent they shall still be liable to pay the Fees if that Buyer was aware that the Property was being marketed by the Agent. 23 FOR SALE BOARDS The Seller consents to the Agent erecting a display board at the Property to assist in the marketing of the Property and the Agent shall adhere to the relevant statutory regulations relating to the display of such boards.
23. MONEY LAUNDERING In line with The Money Laundering Regulations 2007 we are duty bound to carry out due diligence on all of our clients to confirm their identity. Rather than traditional methods in which you would have to produce multiple utility bills and a photographic ID we use an electronic verification system. This system allows us to verify you from basic details using electronic data, however it is not a credit check of any kind so will have no effect on you or your credit history. You understand that we will undertake a search with Experian for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.